Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.53Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Marti arrives at the villa of Karl Tobler, an ill-starred inventor, to begin employment as his clerk. Tobler is determined to finance his family's lavish lifestyle with the proceeds from his latest idea - a clock adorned with advertisements.
- Author BiographyRobert Walser was born in Switzerland in 1878 and worked as a bank clerk before becoming a writer. In 1929 he was diagnosed as 'schizophrenic' and lived the last twenty years of his life in hospital. His novels include Jakob von Gunten and The Assistant. Robert Walser died in 1956. 'A truly wonderful, heart-breaking writer' -- Susan Sontag Susan Bernofsky is the translator of books by Robert Walser, Gregor von Rezzori, Yoko Tawada, and others. Her translations have appeared in numerous literary journals. She is the author of Foreign Words: Translator-Authors in the Age of Goethe, and is the recipient of a PEN Translation grant and a fellowship from the American Council of Learned Societies. She is also the recipient of the 2006 Helen and Kurt Wolff Translator's Prize for Outstanding Translation for her translation of Jenny Erpenbeck's The Old Child & Other Stories. She lives with her husband in Boiceville, New York.
- Author(s)Robert Walser
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight224 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.70Trending at £3.81
- £5.29Trending at £8.96
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.