All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £82.94Trending at £88.07
- £46.55Trending at £55.08
- £22.26Trending at £26.16
- £4.39Trending at £5.99
- £26.79Trending at £29.02
About this product
- DescriptionUsing state-of-the-art earth system models, this atlas focuses on both historic climate system change from the year 1850 and the projection of future climate system change to the year 2100 using the RCP2.6, RCP4.5 and RCP8.5 scenarios based on climate models.
- Author BiographyWenjie Dong: Professor of Beijing Normal University. His research interests include: Climate Dynamics, Climate modeling and integrated analysis. Currently he is the executive dean of the college of global change and earth system science which was established earliest in China. He is the PI of the project titled Super-Ensemble Projection and Attribution of Climate Change Based on CMIP5 funded by CMOST. He is also one of the lead authors of IPCC AR5 WGI and Climate Synthesis Report for Asia-Pacific Network for global change research (APN), as well as the vice edit-in-chief of Chinese assessment report of climate and environment change named Climate and Environment Change in China:2012. He was the member of the steering scientific group of CLIVAR/WCRP, chair of OPG4 of WMO Commission for Climatology. He was the youngest deputy director-general of Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Atmospheric Physics and Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the director-general of National Climate Center of China. He won the special contribution expert grant from the State Council of China in 1999. He has jointly published more than 120 papers and 2 books. He is so dedicated to climate change science and its application that his favorite slogan is `keep a weather eye on climate and global change'.Fumin Ren: A chief expert at the National Climate Center of China. His research interests include: Climate extremes, Tropical cyclones and Climate diagnostics. Currently he serves as the Lead of the Task Team on Definitions of Extreme Weather and Climate Events within the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Commission for Climatology (CCl), a member of the Climate Change and Low Carbon Development Committee, and a Vice Chairman of the Tropical and Marine Meteorology Committee of the Chinese Meteorological Society. In 2000, he was honored an Outstanding Youth of China's Central Government Agencies . He has jointly published about 50 papers and 2 books.Jianbin Huang: Assistant Professor of Tsinghua University. His research interests include: Paleoclimate, Global and regional climate modeling. Currently, he is a faculty in the Center for Earth System Science/Institute for Global Change Studies, which was reestablished in 2009 as a discipline of earth science in Tsinghua University. He has jointly published more than 15 papers and 2 books. Yan Guo: Lecturer of Beijing Normal University. Her research interests include: Climate prediction, Climate change projection and attribution. She has published 5 papers.
- Author(s)Fumin Ren,Jianbin Huang,Wenjie Dong,Yan Guo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- Series TitleSpringer Earth System Sciences
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXXXIII, 175 p. 191 illus., 170 illus. in color.
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.