Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.94Trending at £24.50
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £23.56Trending at £40.05
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
- £15.17Trending at £24.02
- £8.63Trending at £17.01
- £17.28Trending at £22.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe pub is one of Australia's most-loved institutions. This title takes us on a journey through the colourful history of this Australian icon: from its colonial origins along the waterfronts and roadways used by travellers, through to the mid-twentieth century six o'clock swill, and on to the boutique bars of contemporary cosmopolitanism.
- Author BiographyDiane Kirkby is a history professor at La Trobe University in Melbourne and a fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia. She has received awards from the Australian Historical Association and the Fulbright Association. She is the author of Voices from the Ships. Tanja Luckins is an award-winning historian who is currently an ARC research fellow at the Australian Centre at the University of Melbourne. She is the coeditor of Dining on Turtles: Food, Feasts and Drinking in History. They are the coauthors of GO! Melbourne in the 1960s. Chris McConville is a lecturer at Victoria University and a former lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast Queensland.
- Author(s)Chris McConville,Diane Kirkby,Tanja Luckins
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.