Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.89+ £3.16 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by distancetraderuk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn an overgrown and rundown farm in Ireland in the late-1980s, widowed Minnie O'Brien remembers the past: courtship and marriage to Peter; life on the farm; and the births of her three children and what became of them.
- Author BiographyChristy Nolan was born in Mullingar, Ireland, on 6 September 1965. Unable to talk, walk or use his hands due to cerebal palsy, he could communicate only via a special computer and keyboard, using a so-called 'unicorn stick' to painstakingly tap each letter as his mother cradled his head. He published his first book, a collection of poetry called A Dam-burst of Dreams, in 1981. In 1987, he published an autobiographical novel, Under the Eye of the Clock, which won the Whitbread Award. A stage version of the novel, called Torchlight and Laser Beams and written with the theatre director Michael Scoot, was shown at the Edinburgh Festival in 1988. His next novel, The Banyan Tree, was published in 1999 by Orion. Christy Nolan died in Dublin on 20 February, 2009. At the time of his death he was working on another novel, which remains unfinished.
- Author(s)Christopher Nolan
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication06/04/2000
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date29/10/2010
- Weight310 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
- £4.46Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.