All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Earl Babbie,Leslie A. Baxter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/08/2003
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart One: INTRODUCTION TO SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY ABOUT COMMUNICATION. 1. Human Inquiry and Scientific Inquiry about Communication. 2. Basic Building Blocks in Conducting Communication Research. 3. Paradigms of Knowing in Communication Research. 4. Logic Systems and Theory in Communication Research. 5. The Ethics of Communication Research. Part Two: QUANTITATIVE COMMUNICATION RESEARCH. 6. Conceptualization and Operationalization. 7. The Logic of Sampling. 8. Survey Research. 9. Experiments. 10. Quantitative Text Analysis. 11. The Basics of Quantitative Data Analysis. 12. Inferential Statistics in Quantitative Data Analysis. Part Three: QUALITATIVE COMMUNICATION RESEARCH. 13. Participant Observation. 14. Qualitative Interviewing. 15. Social Text Analysis. 16. Qualitative Data Analysis.
- Author BiographyEarl R. Babbie graduated from Harvard University before enlisting in the U.S. Marine Corps. He received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, and began teaching shortly thereafter. Credited with defining research methods for the social sciences, Dr. Babbie has written several texts, including the bestselling THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL RESEARCH and THE BASICS OF SOCIAL RESEARCH.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.