All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £16.05Trending at £16.75
- £6.48Trending at £7.62
- £21.48Trending at £28.92
- £10.61Trending at £13.08
- £11.85Trending at £15.16
- £14.79Trending at £16.89
- £13.77Trending at £15.98
About this product
- Author(s)H. P. Willmott
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleTwentieth-Century Battles
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note11 b&w illus., 9 maps
- Weight690 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsList of Maps List of Tables Acknowledgments 1. The Nature of War and Victory 2. The Option of Difficulties: The American Situation in the Aftermath of the Victory in the Philippine Sea 3. The Search for Solutions: The Japanese Situation in the Aftermath of Defeat in the Philippine Sea 4. Preliminaries: 6-18 October 1944 5. Advance and Contact, 18-24 October 1944 6. The Great Day of Wrath: 25 October 1944 7. The Naval Battle for the Philippines: The Postscript, 26 October-30 November 1944 8. To Pause and Consider: Blame, Responsibility, and the Verdict of History. Appendixes Notes Primary Sources Secondary Sources Index
- Author BiographyH. P. Willmott has written extensively on warfare in general and on World War II in particular. Among his books are The Last Century of Sea Power: From Washington to Tokyo, 1922-1945 (IUP, 2010) and The Last Century of Sea Power: From Port Arthur to Chanak, 1894-1922 (IUP, 2009).
- PrizesWinner of Society for Military History Distinguished Book Award: American Military History 2006.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.