Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are we so often unwilling to accept that life is unpredictable? In this book, the author distils his idiosyncratic wisdom to demolish our illusions, contrasting the classical values of courage, elegance and erudition against modern philistinism and phoniness. It features a collection of aphorisms to help you navigate the modern world.
- Author BiographyNassim Nicholas Taleb is an uncompromizing no-nonsense thinker for our times. He has spent his life immersing himself in problems of luck, uncertainty, probability, and knowledge, and he has led three high-profile careers around his ideas, as a man of letters, as a businessman-trader, and as a university professor and researcher. He is currently Distinguished Professor of Risk Engineering at New York University's School of Engineering. He is the author of the 4-volume INCERTO (Antifragile, The Black Swan, Fooled by Randomness, and The Bed of Procrustes). Taleb refuses all awards and honours as they debase knowledge by turning it into competitive sports.
- Author(s)Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- GenreHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
Most relevant reviews
- g13dav110 Apr, 2015by
A concise and stimulating work.
Pithy, thought provoking apohrisms for daily life. Use them in conversation and correspondence. I have earmarked the ones I particularly like. An insight into the mind of the author and a gateway to his other writings.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.