All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn account of the D-Day landings in World War II and their impact upon the small American community of Bedford, Virginia, which lost 21 of its young men in the first hours of the landings at Omaha Beach - the highest loss any individual town suffered.
- Author BiographyAlex Kershaw is a British journalist and screenwriter. He regularly contributes to THE SUNDAY TIMES, GUARDIAN, OBSERVER and GQ. He is the author of widely acclaimed biographies of Jack London and Robert Capa.
- Author(s)Alex Kershaw
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication04/05/2004
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Out-of-print date16/03/2007
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Height200 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- alistairh195905 Jan, 2017by
Very sad loss of life.
A really interesting book about the sacrifice that these young men made on 6th June 1944. Read it!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £8.85Trending at £9.14
- £13.80Trending at £20.47
- £17.38Trending at £22.95
- £18.07Trending at £21.77
- £13.77Trending at £19.05
- £13.69Trending at £18.69
- £13.23Trending at £19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.