Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £15.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography of the first Congresswoman from the state of Georgia is more than the story of one woman's challenge of the political establishment. It also covers professional women in the modern South, southern liberalism in the New Deal era and beyond, and the gathering forces of racial change in the era preceding the civil rights movement.
- Author BiographyLorraine Nelson Spritzer, a former newspaperwoman, first met Helen Mankin as a reporter for the Capitol Bureau of the Atlanta Constitution and followed the congresswoman's career to Washington D.C. She now works as a freelance writer out of Tempe, Arizona. Spritzer is also coauthor of Grace Towns Hamilton and the Politics of Southern Change (Georgia).
- Author(s)Lorraine Nelson Spritzer
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.