All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Lombardy during the Spanish occupation of the late 1620s, this title tells the story of two young lovers, Renzo and Lucia, prevented from marrying by the petty tyrant Don Rodrigo, who desires Lucia for himself.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Manzoni was born in 1785 near Lake Como, Italy. Sent to boarding school at the age of five, he felt estranged from his family, particularly when his mother left his father. As a young man Manzoni subscribed to the ideas of the French Revolution, joining his mother in Paris, where he married Henriette Blondel in 1808. He wrote throughout his life, but suffered from a nervous disorder which grew progressively worse through his lifetime. He died in 1873.
- Author(s)Alessandro Manzoni
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight676 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £5.88Trending at £5.99
- £4.66Trending at £4.87
- £4.69Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
- £4.59Trending at £5.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.