Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMetaphors and exercises play an incredibly important part in the successful delivery of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). This book provides an essential A-Z resource guide that includes tons of new metaphors and experiential exercises to help promote client acceptance, defusion from troubling thoughts, and values-based action.
- Author BiographyJill A. Stoddard, PhD, is the founder and director of The Center for Stress and Anxiety Management, an outpatient clinic in San Diego, CA. She specializes in evidence-based treatments for anxiety and related disorders. She is an associate professor of psychology at Alliant International University where she teaches , conducts research, and mentors students in topics related to anxiety disorders, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). She received her PhD in clinical psychology from Boston University in 2007.Niloofar Afari, PhD, is a psychologist, associate professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego, and director of clinical affairs at the VA Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health in San Diego, CA. In addition to clinical practice, she conducts research and mentors graduate and postdoctoral students in the application of ACT to chronic health conditions . Afari received her PhD in clinical psychology in 1996 from the University of Nevada, Reno under the mentorship of ACT cofounder, Steven C. Hayes.Foreword writer Steven C. Hayes, PhD, is Nevada Foundation Professor at the Department of Psychology at the University of Nevada. An author of 34 books and more than 470 scientific articles, he has shown in his research how language and thought leads to human suffering, and has developed acceptance and commitment therapy, a powerful therapy method that is useful in a wide variety of areas. Hayes has been president of several scientific societies and has received several national awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy.
- Author(s)Jill A. Stoddard,Niloofar Afari
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication04/01/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight500 g
- Width203 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.93Trending at £19.89
- £12.38Trending at £13.68
- £42.58Trending at £46.00
- £34.66Trending at £36.89
- £25.00Trending at £31.56
- £28.39Trending at £32.29
- £25.87Trending at £26.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.