All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing from the seafloor and extending along the ocean surface in lush canopies, giant kelp provides an extensive vertical habitat in a largely two-dimensional seascape. This book provides a discussion of kelp species and forest ecology worldwide, with considerations of human uses and abuses, management and conservation, and more.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Schiel is Professor of Marine Science at the School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, where he leads the Marine Ecology Research Group. His primary research interests are the interactions of species' life histories with the ecological and oceanographic processes responsible for nearshore marine community structure. Michael S. Foster is Professor Emeritus at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and San Jose State University. He received his BS and MA degrees from Stanford University and PhD from the University of California, Santa Barbara. His research interests center on the ecology of subtidal and intertidal reefs.
- Author(s)David R. Schiel,Michael S. Foster
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note95 b/w illus., 5 tables
- Weight998 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.