CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number147
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight935 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byArmand M. Karow,David E. Pegg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsI Introduction.- Organ Transplantation: The Role of Preservation.- An Introduction to the Problems of Organ Cryopreservation.- II Perfusion of Organs with Cryoprotectants: Cooling and Freezing.- Biological Effects of Cryoprotectant Perfusion, Delivery and Removal to Nonfrozen Organs.- Mass Transfer of Liquids across Biological Barriers.- Cytoplasmic Organisation and the Properties of Cell Water: Speculations on Animal Cell Cryopreservation.- Heat Transfer during Cryopreservation.- Ice Crystals in Tissues and Organs.- III Freezing and Vitrification.- Aqueous Solutions: Crystallization, Vitrification and Liquefaction.- Crystallization and Vitrification in Cryoprotected Aqueous Systems.- Ice Crystal Growth in Aqueous Solutions.- Non-Equilibrium Formation of Ice in Aqueous Solutions: Efficiency of Polyalcohol Solutions for Vitrification.- Devitrification and Recrystallization of Glass Forming Aqueous Solutions.- Biological Effects of Vitrification and Devitrification.- IV Electromagnetic Heating.- Electromagnetic Thawing of Organs: A Multidisciplinary Challenge.- Electromagnetic Heating Techniques for Organ Rewarming.- Tissue Heating: Applicator Types and Analysis by Phantom Models.- The Design of an Electromagnetic Rewarming System for Cryopreserved Tissue.- Heat Control and Sensing during Electromagnetic Recovery of Cryopreserved Large Organs.- V Non-Invasive Methods for Studying Organs.- Freezing Patterns in Tissue by NMR Technology.- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Imaging of Perfusion.- Evaluation of Biochemical Processes by NMR.- Examination of Organ Physiology by Positron Emission Tomography.- Contributors.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.