Consider these sponsored items
- £42.99Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £25.19
- £8.84Trending at £12.98
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £8.75Trending at £13.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe biographical film - or 'biopic' - is a popular genre and a staple of film production in all major film industries around the world. However, its aesthetic and cultural significance has remained underexplored. 'The Biopic in Contemporary Film Culture' addresses this gap in film scholarship by looking at the 'life' of the biopic internationally.
- Author BiographyTom Brown is Lecturer in the Department of Film Studies at King's College London. He is the editor (with James Walters) of Film Moments: Criticism, History, Theory and (with James Bennett) of Film and Television after DVD, and the author of Breaking the Fourth Wall: Direct Address in the Cinema. Belen Vidal is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Film Studies at King's College London. She is the author of Figuring the Past: Period Film and the Mannerist Aesthetic and The Heritage Film: Nation, Genre, and Representation. She is the co-editor of Cinema at the Periphery.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2013
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleAFI Film Readers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byBelen Vidal,Tom Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.