CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight693 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAlexander Hollaender
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
- Table Of ContentsThe Biosaline Concept.- Feed and Food from Desert Environments.- Salt Tolerance of Plants: Strategies of Biological Systems.- The Potential of Native Plants for Food, Fiber and Fuel in Arid Regions.- Production of Food Crops and Other Biomass by Seawater Culture.- Natural Halophytes as a Potential Resource for New Salt-Tolerant Crops: Some Progress and Prospects.- Silviculture with Saline Water.- Biochemical Control of Photosynthetic Carbon Assimilation in Marine Organisms for Food and Feed Production.- Biosaline Research: The Use of Photosynthetic Marine Organisms in Food and Feed Production.- Salt Tolerance in Microorganisms.- Prospects for Farming the Open Ocean.- Aquaculture of Animal Species.- Biological Waste Treatment at Elevated Temperatures and Salinities.- Chemicals and Fuels from Semi-Arid Zone Biomass.- Enzyme Technology: Potential Benefits of Biosaline Organisms.- Potential for Genetic Engineering for Salt Tolerance.- Ecological Consideration of Biosaline Resource Utilization.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.