All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis portable field guide is for birdwatchers at every level. The text contains several illustrations of each of the 430 species of birds presented in this text that are regular visitors or residents of Europe. Identification, distribution and behavioural information is also provided.
- Author BiographyRob Hume has been Editor of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds' award-winning Birds magazine since 1989. He has written several ornithological books, including Discovering Birds, Observer's Birds, Focus on Birdwatching, and Birds by Character. For 10 years he was a member and Chairman of the national British Birds Rarities Committee that scrutinizes reports of rare birds in Britain, and in 1973 he discovered a new species for Britain, the American Ring-billed Gull. He lives in Bedfordshire. Peter Hayman is one of the best-known and most authoritative ornithologists and bird artists in Europe, widely acclaimed for his uniquely meticulous approach to bird illustration. His previous books include the best-selling Birdwatcher's Pocket Guide, and Shorebirds of the World, and he has contributed to The Illustrated Guide to the Birds of Southern Africa, among many other books.
- Author(s)Peter Hayman,Rob Hume
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication14/02/2002
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date30/06/2009
- Content Note2500 colour artworks
- Weight240 g
- Width98 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Revised byRob Hume
Most relevant reviews
- jls02004 May, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.