All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work plumbs opened archives in the former Soviet bloc to reveal the actual, practical accomplishments of Communism around the world: terror, torture, famine, mass deportations and massacres. The book catalogues and analyzes the crimes of Communism over 70 years.
- Author BiographyStephane Courtois is Director of Research at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in Paris, and editor of the journal Communisme. Nicolas Werth is a researcher at the Institute for Contemporary History. Jean-Louis Panne collaborated on the Dictionnaire biographique du mouvement ouvrier francais. Andrzej Paczkowski is Deputy Director and a professor at the Institute for Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Karel Bartosek is acting head of research at CNRS and the editor of the journal La nouvelle alternative. Jean-Louis Margolin is a lecturer in history and coordinator of lectures at the University of Provence and a researcher at the Research Institute on Southeast Asia of CNRS.
- Author(s)Andrzej Paczkowski,Jean-Louis Margolin,Jean-Louis Panne,Karel Bartosek,Nicolas Werth,Stephane Courtois
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication08/10/1999
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note78 halftones, 6 maps
- Weight1380 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byMark Kramer
- Translated byJonathan Murphy
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.74
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £13.28Trending at £14.42
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.