Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £10.41Trending at £14.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.34
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Bloods, D.S. Marriott's recurrent theme is that of memory and absence. In poems that both embody and inhabit this double obligation, memory and absence prove to be equally central to the mysteries of ordinary language, the politics and philosophy of enslavement, as well as markers respecting the borders of what cannot, finally, be known.
- Author BiographyD.S. Marriott was born in Nottingham 1963 of Jamaican parentage and was educated at the University of Sussex. He has taught there and now teaches at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He has written many articles on poetics and is the author of On Black Men, published in 2000 by the University Presses of Edinburgh and Columbia, New York, and Haunted Life, published in 2007 by the University Press of Rutgers, New Jersey. His previous collections of poems were Incognegro (Salt Publishing, 2005), and Hoodoo Voodoo (Shearsman Books, 2008).
- Author(s)D. S. Marriott
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.