CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- Series TitleBloomsbury Research Handbooks in Asian Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note37 b/w illustrations. 5 colour illustrations. 2 line drawings.
- Weight809 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byArindam Chakrabarti
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsNotes on Contributors Introduction: Contemporary Indian Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art, Arindam Chakrabarti (University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA) 1. Two Cultures in Indian Epistemology of Aesthetic Meaning, Lawrence McCrea (Cornell University, USA) 2. Rasa Aesthetics goes Global: Relevance and Legitimacy, Priyadarshi Patnaik (Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India) 3. Who is afraid of Mimesis? Contesting the Common Sense of Indian Aesthetics through the Theory of `Mimesis' or Anukarana Vada, Parul Dave Mukherji (School of Aesthetics and Art History, JNU, New Delhi, India) 4.Thoughts on Svara and Rasa: Music as Thinking/Thinking as Music, Mukund Lath (Jaipur, India) 5. The Aesthetics of the Resplendent Sapphire: Erotic Devotion in Rupa Gosvamin's Ujjvalanilamani, Nrisinha Prasad Bhaduri (Kolkata, India) 6. The Impersonal Subjectivity of Aesthetic Emotion, Bijoy H Boruah (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India) 7. Refining the Repulsive: Towards an Indian Aesthetics of the Ugly and the Disgusting, Arindam Chakrabarti (University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA) 8. The Perfume of/from the Past: Modern Reflections on Ancient Art, Sudipta Kaviraj (Columbia University, USA) 9. Aesthetics of Theft, Sibaji Bandyopadhyay (Formerly, Professor of Cultural Studies, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, India) 10. Approaches to Time in Rajput and Mughal painting, B.N.Goswamy (Emeritus Professor of Aesthetics and Art-History, Punjab University Chandigarh, India) 11. Deep Seeing: Notes on Kutiyattam, David Shulman (The Hebrew University, Jerusalem) 12. Realizing the body in movement: Gestures of Freedom in the Dance Aesthetics of Rabindranath Tagore and Kumar Shahani, Rimli Bhattacharya (University of Delhi, India) 13. The Aesthetical Paradox of the Hermit's Hut, Kazi Khaleed Ashraf (University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA) 14. Aesthetics of Touch and Skin: An Essay in Contemporary Indian Political Phenomenology, Gopal Guru (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India) 15. Demands and Dilemmas of Durga Puja `Art': Notes on a Contemporary Festival Aesthetics, Tapati Guha-Thakurta (Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta) 16. The Sky of Cinema, Moinak Biswas (Jadavpur University, India) 17. Towards a Gandhian Aesthetics: The Poetics of Surrender and the Art of Brahmacharya, Tridip Suhrud (Sabarmati Ashram Preservation and Memorial Trust, India) 18. Aesthetic Judgement of Disgrace, Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak (Columbia University, USA) Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyArindam Chakrabarti is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Hawai'i, Manoa, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.