All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the torpid heat and routine brutality of the Philippines at the turn of the century, to Los Angeles and Lisbon in the 1930s, this novel is a story of a love affair that refused to accept the inevitable. The author also wrote Brazzaville Beach , An Ice-Cream War and A Good Man in Africa .
- Author BiographyWilliam Boyd was born in Accra, Ghana in 1952. He is the author of five other novels and a collection of short stories that have been published around the world in over two dozen languages. In addition, eight of his screenplays have been filmed, the most recent of which is A Good Man in Africa, based on his first novel. He is married and lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of Sunday Express Prize 1993.
- Author(s)William Boyd
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication13/09/1993
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinclair-Stevenson Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/11/1996
- Weight570 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.90
- £4.66Trending at £4.81
- £4.66Trending at £4.79
- £4.44Trending at £5.88
- £4.77Trending at £4.90
- £8.15Trending at £8.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.