All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £6.18Trending at £9.99
- £5.25Trending at £9.94
- £11.79Trending at £14.39
- £8.45Trending at £12.99
- £6.20Trending at £7.96
- £11.46Trending at £12.00
- £10.48Trending at £11.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1851 Olive Oatman was a thirteen-year old pioneer travelling west toward Zion, with her Mormon family. Within a decade, she was a white Indian with a chin tattoo, caught between cultures. The Blue Tattoo tells the harrowing story of this forgotten heroine of frontier America.
- Author BiographyMargot Mifflin is an author and journalist who writes about women, art, and contemporary culture. The author of Bodies of Subversion: A Secret History of Women and Tattoo, she has written for many publications, including the New York Times, the New Yorker, Entertainment Weekly, the Believer, and Salon.com. Mifflin is an assistant professor in the English Department of Lehman College of the City University of New York (CUNY) and directs the Arts and Culture program at CUNY's Graduate School of Journalism, where she also teaches.
- Author(s)Margot Mifflin
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2009
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleWomen in the West
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note31 photographs, map
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.