All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.58
- £14.56Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
- £13.31Trending at £17.99
About this product
- DescriptionBrings to life a world of great wealth and poverty, of Prohibition and class conflict. Celia Cooney launched the largest manhunt in New York City's history, humiliating the police with daring crimes and taunting notes. Sifting through conflicting accounts, the authors show how Celia's story was used to explain the world.
- Author BiographyStephen Duncombe teaches politics and history of media and culture at the Gallatin School of New York University. He is author of Notes from Underground: Zines and the Politics of Alternative Culture and editor of the Cultural Resistance Reader. Andrew Mattson teaches American history and media studies at the State University of New York at Old Westbury.
- Author(s)Andrew Mattson,Stephen Duncombe
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2006
- GenreTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.