All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique edition of the Book of Common Prayer includes the texts of three different versions, 1549, 1559, and 1662, to provide a panorama of the history of ritual in England from the Reformation to the present day. The first edition for the common reader, with full notes and introduction, this is one of the seminal texts of human experience.
- Author BiographyBrian Cummings received his BA at Cambridge University, where he also took his PhD under the supervision of the poet Geoffrey Hill and the church historian Eamon Duffy. He was previously a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge before moving to Sussex, and, from October 2012, the University of York. He was a British Academy Exchange Fellow at the Huntington Library, California, in 2007 and held a three-year Major Research Fellowship with the Leverhulme Trust from 2009 to 2012.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight614 g
- Width138 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byProfessor Brian Cummings
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £64.99Trending at £86.05
- £7.99Trending at £10.81
- £32.80Trending at £33.40
- £17.30Trending at £19.70
- £5.99Trending at £7.09
- £11.99Trending at £12.14
- £19.99Trending at £20.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.