Consider these sponsored items
- £6.44Was:£8.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Book of Margery Kempe is the extraordinary account of a medieval wife, mother, and mystic. The earliest autobiography in English, It describes Kempe's transformation from businesswoman to pilgrim, her visions, hostile encounters with clergy and travels to holy sites abroad. This new translation provides full introduction and notes.
- Author BiographyAnthony Bale studied at the universities of Oxford and York and at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has published widely on various medieval topics, including Christian-Jewish relations, the poetry of Chaucer and Lydgate, religion in East Anglia, and fifteenth-century literature and pilgrimage. He is the editor of Mandeville's Book of Marvels and Travels in OWC, and in 2011 was awarded the Philip Leverhulme Prize.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byAnthony Bale
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.