All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefines the essential virtues for those at Court. This title includes a series of imaginary conversations between the real-life courtiers to the Duke of Urbino, in which his speakers discuss qualities of noble behaviour - chiefly discretion and gracefulness - as well as questions such as the duties of a good government and the true nature of love.
- Author BiographyCastiglione was born in 1478 and a member of an ancient aristocratic family. A courtier throughout his life, his writings were always a secondary affair. George Bull was an author and journlaist who translated six books for the Penguin Classics, including The Prince by Machiavelli. He was a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and was made a Knight Commander in 1999.
- Author(s)Baldassare Castiglione
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/1976
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight270 g
- Width133 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byGeorge Bull
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.36
- £12.58Trending at £14.83
- £7.85Trending at £9.99
- £2.81Trending at £3.38
- £4.67Trending at £5.10
- £7.37Trending at £9.92
- £5.99Trending at £8.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.