Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.92
- £8.20Trending at £10.35
- £9.51Trending at £10.11
- £10.43Trending at £11.80
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.08Trending at £10.46
- £5.21Trending at £5.69
About this product
- DescriptionHistories tend to emphasize conquest by Anglo-Americans as the driving force behind the development of the American West. This title argues that the activities of the French are crucial to understanding the phenomenon of westward expansion. It provides the missing French connection between the urban Midwest and western expansion.
- Author BiographyJay Gitlin is lecturer, Department of History, Yale University, and associate director of the Howard R. Lamar Center for the Study of Frontiers and Borders.
- Author(s)Jay Gitlin
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Lamar Series in Western History
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note29 b-w illus.
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.