All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirector Terry Gilliam, who brought his magical storytelling talents to such films as TIME BANDITS and THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN, sets his sights on the Brothers Grimm, turning their life into a playfully grim fairy tale all its own. Set in early 18th Century French-occupied Germany, THE BROTHERS GRIMM stars Matt Damon as Will Grimm and Heath Ledger as Jake Grimm, siblings who travel the countryside as snake-oil salesmen, convincing unsuspecting towns that they are haunted and agreeing to get rid of the demons for a price. In the meantime, they set their tales down in writing, creating a wealth of oddball, offbeat, and frightening characters. But after they are caught by General Delatombe (Jonathan Pryce) and his sidekick, Cavaldi (Peter Stormare), they are sent to the tiny village of Marbaden to solve the mysterious disappearance of a number of young girls, placing them in the middle of a fantasy world unlike any they'd ever invented. They enlist the help of a peasant woman, Angelika (Lena Headey), and they set off for the evil forest to save the lives of the girls and themselves. Gilliam has once again built a unique, entertaining land where anything can happen, and he throws in references to such Grimm tales as Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and the Frog Prince for good measure. The movie also features Mackenzie Crook and Richard Ridings as the Grimms' cohorts, Monica Bellucci as the Mirror Queen, and Julian Bleach and Bruce McEwan as two of Cavaldi's henchmen.
- Leading Role 1Matt Damon
- Director 1Terry Gilliam
- Leading Role 2Heath Ledger
- Leading Role 3Peter Stormare
- Additional Roles byJonathan Pryce,Monica Bellucci
- ProducerCharles Roven,Daniel Bobker
- ScreenwriterEhren Kruger
- Score ComposerDario Marinelli
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish,Italian
- Running Time114 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 978587810@delet...15 Apr, 2010by
amazing movie, heath ledger is good. goood story. good dvd copy. will watch it all the time. definitely in my top 10 of all time
- vlasenkocosmeti...31 Mar, 2010by
Boring, Dull and Uninspiring!
There was certainly something grim about the Brother's Grimm. The film maker has managed to make the life of two interesting people into something very dull indeed, perhaps that was an achievement in itself. The film flitted from story line to story line with no real goal. Nothing could be drawn from watching this film. The graphics certainly were't good, and the events were at best predictable and often absolutely ridiculous.
- 9993kim27 Apr, 2008by
the film i bought
i like the film because of the action and adventure in it. i am a bg fan of heath ledger i want to collect his films
- crocombe280972c...21 May, 2007by
Gilliam Grimm vision is One for the fans!
Matt Damon and Heath Ledger star as the Brother's Grimm, con-men who travel from village to village offering them salvation from all manner of monsters and demons (all invented by themselves), in exchange for some quick cash. However they are then faced with a series of truly supernatural events and must use all their wits to save the day and themselves. For anyone used to the films of Terry Gilliam, you pretty much know what to expect - brilliant cinematography and set-pieces - but this film longs for the Director's Cut treatment, as you cant help but feel that the studio may have butchered this film somewhat. I think that this is a film that will be appreciaed more and more with time, and is one i was pleased to add to my collection. This film has 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound and is presented in 1.85:1 Widescreen. There are several deleted scenes, a feature commentary as well as a couple f featurettes. Read full review
- 304365017@delet...10 Jul, 2006by
Brothers Grimm dvd
Superfast next day delivery.I think Brothers Grimm is a smashing perhaps underrated action/fantasy/comedy film.Its based on original folk tales like Little Red Riding Hood,and Sleeping Beauty, but dont be fooled by that,its not Disney.Some of the scenes can be frightening for youngsters,as the effects, locations and sets are really dark and sinister,but for older children a great scary film full of evil Queens,werewolves and enchanted forests a must for a rainy day in the school holidays...as long as you can hide behind a cushion!! I enjoyed it.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.95Trending at £5.08
- £5.17Trending at £5.24
- £15.95Trending at £16.98
- £33.99Trending at £43.93
- £24.45Trending at £39.44
- £46.79Trending at £53.31
- £29.95Trending at £44.03