All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe winner of the Whitbread Best First Novel 1990, this is the story of Karim Amir, an Englishman born and bred - almost , who lives with his English mother and Indian father in the South London suburbs. It is written by the author of My Beautiful Launderette and Sammy and Rosie Get Laid .
- PrizesWinner of Whitbread Prize (First Novel) 1990 and Whitbread Book Awards: First Novel Category 1990.
- Author(s)Hanif Kureishi
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/04/1990
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date09/06/1994
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Most relevant reviews
- anne-frances10020 Jan, 2017by
Perfect purchase as always - thank you World of Books
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.40Trending at £51.99
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.29
- £6.41Trending at £6.98
- £3.99Trending at £5.50
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.90Trending at £6.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.