All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1895 twenty-six-year-old Bridget Cleary disappeared from her house in rural Tipperary. At first, some said that the fairies had taken her into their stronghold in a nearby hill, from where she would emerge, riding a white horse. But then her badly burned body was found in a shallow grave.
- Author BiographyAngela Bourke is the author of By Salt Water and Maeve Brennan: Homesick at the New Yorker. Born in Dublin, where she still lives, she has spent long periods in the USA, and has held visiting academic positions at Harvard University, Boston College and the University of Minnesota. A leading scholar in interdisciplinary Irish Studies, Angela Bourke writes in Irish and English, and makes frequent appearances on television and radio. She is Senior Lecturer in Irish at University College Dublin, The National University of Ireland, Dublin.
- Author(s)Angela Bourke
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8pp b/w plates
- Weight196 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.72Trending at £15.30
- £8.61Trending at £9.98
- £4.50Trending at £4.77
- £13.85Trending at £16.12
- £4.45Trending at £6.08
- £10.12Trending at £12.99
- £18.79Trending at £24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.