All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you can't breathe, nothing else matters. If you are one of the 15 million Americans diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), you know what it's like to struggle to breathe. You know what it's like to sacrifice your favourite activities to a chronic illness that changes everything from your work life to how you take your meals. But there is help,and hope. Respiratory Therapist Dawn Lesley Fielding shares the program she has used in her own practice,with an astonishing 100% success rate,offering techniques and tools to make breathing easier and improve your overall health. This practical, accessible, step-by-step guide explains...what COPD is and how it affects your breathingthe most up-to-date medication and treatment optionshow to track symptoms and medicationsessential breathing techniques to improve oxygen intakestrategies for healthy nutrition and gentle exercisewhat to eat and what to avoid, with lists of key COPD foodsWith stories from others with this condition, easy charts for managing everything from your medications to your symptoms, as well as hands-on tips for you and your loved ones, The COPD Solution is your guide to reclaiming your life and living fully with COPD.
- Author BiographyDawn Lesley Fielding, BS, RCP, AE-C is a licensed respiratory therapist and a pulmonary rehab clinical specialist with extensive experience in chronic lung disease. She is a certified asthma educator and certified COPD educator. For three years, she has owned and managed a pulmonary rehabilitation clinic in Utah. She is the founder of Chronic Lung Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to those suffering from chronic lung disease.
- Author(s)Dawn Lesley Fielding
- PublisherINGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Weight412 g
- Width231 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- bsmart2200904 Oct, 2016by
being a longtime COPD sufferer , I found the book didn't tell me much I didn't know . It constantly repeated itself also
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.55
- £29.14Trending at £34.99
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £10.99Trending at £12.92
- £3.60Trending at £4.02
- £34.79Trending at £40.16
- £68.81Trending at £92.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.