All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £34.26
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionCombining theory and evidence on small scale industries, farming, and more, this title argues that despite the promise of independence and liberalization, India remains caged in a backward state. Comparing the developed West, it underscores the point that affluence can be achieved only after living conditions improve across all social classes.
- Author BiographyDipankar Gupta is Professor at the Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Jawaharlal Nehru University. He is an expert on ethnicity, rural mobilization, informal labor, caste and social stratification, and modernity. He has held several overseas appointments, most recently the Leverhulme Professorship in the London School of Economics and as a Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson Center. He is a regular columnist for a number of Indian newspapers and magazines.
- Author(s)Dipankar Gupta
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.