All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £27.29
- £7.17Trending at £9.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.68
- £10.43Trending at £11.98
- £24.99Trending at £33.90
- £9.09Trending at £9.59
- £12.98Trending at £14.38
About this product
- DescriptionMore than three centuries after its creation, calculus remains a dazzling intellectual achievement and the gateway into higher mathematics. This book charts its growth and development by sampling from the work of some of its foremost practitioners. It presents the definitions, theorems, and proofs.
- Author BiographyWilliam Dunham, Koehler Professor of Mathematics at Muhlenberg College, is the author of Journey Through Genius: The Great Theorems of Mathematics ; The Mathematical Universe ; and Euler: The Master of Us All . He has received the Mathematical Association of America's George Polya, Trevor Evans, and Lester R. Ford awards, as well as its Beckenbach Prize for expository writing.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2005.
- Author(s)William Dunham
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note19 halftones. 44 line illus.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.