All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Jadunath Sarkar (1870-1958) was knighted in 1929 and became the first Indian historian to gain honorary membership in the American Historical Association. This book examines Sarkar's career - and poignant obsolescence - as a way in to larger questions about the discipline of history and its public life.
- Author BiographyDipesh Chakrabarty is the Lawrence A. Kimpton Distinguished Service Professor of History and South Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Chicago. He is the author of several books, including Habitations of Modernity: Essays in the Wake of Subaltern Studies, also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Dipesh Chakrabarty
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note11 halftones
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.