All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerfect for fans and scholars alike, this Companion explores cricket's origins, global reach, iconic personalities and enduring popularity.
- Author BiographyAnthony Bateman is a freelance writer and editor and an Honorary Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute for Sports History and Culture at De Montfort University, UK. He is the author of Cricket, Literature and Culture: Symbolising the Nation, Destabilising Empire (2009) and has contributed articles and chapters on cricket and its literature to a number of journals and books, as well as to the popular press. He is also co-editor of Sporting Sounds: Relationships Between Sport and Music (with John Bale, 2008). A former professional musician, he writes on music for The Guardian and other publications. Jeffrey Hill is Emeritus Professor of Historical and Cultural Studies at De Montfort University, Leicester, where from 2001 until 2007 he was Director of the International Centre for Sport, History and Culture. Recent work has been largely focused on literary representations of sport, with a book on sport novels (Sport and the Literary Imagination: Essays in History, Literature and Sport, 2006), an article on Joseph O'Neill's Netherland, and book chapters on the place of the comic book hero Alf Tupper in British post-war society. His Sport in History: An Introduction will appear in 2011.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnthony Bateman,Jeffrey Hill
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £20.45Trending at £30.21
- £17.04Trending at £17.98
- £22.69Trending at £23.28
- £15.37Trending at £17.50
- £10.73Trending at £13.45
- £20.77Trending at £21.97
- £11.61Trending at £14.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.