Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.18Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionLeading international contributors present a lively and interdisciplinary panorama of the Italian Renaissance as it has developed in recent decades.
- Author BiographyMichael Wyatt is an independent scholar. His work is engaged with the pre-modern cultural histories of Italy, England and France, particularly questions of translation as both a textual practice and a socio-political phenomenon. He is the author of The Italian Encounter with Tudor England: A Cultural Politics of Translation (2005) and co-edited (with Deanna Shemek) Writing Relations, American Scholars in Italian Archives: Essays for Franca Nardelli Petrucci and Armando Petrucci (2008). He is currently working on a second monograph, John Florio and the Circulation of Stranger Cultures in Early Stuart Britain, a critical edition of Florio's 1603 translation of Montaigne, The Essayes or Morall, Politike and Millitarie Discourses, and he is an associate editor of The Encyclopedia of Renaissance Philosophy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Culture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note24 b/w illus.
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byWyatt Michael
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.