All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.32Trending at £4.59
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £8.57Trending at £11.98
- £7.17Trending at £9.98
- £4.58Trending at £5.48
- £4.42Trending at £6.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introductory chronicle of the Lied and places it in its full context, first published in 2004.
- Author BiographyJames Parsons is Associate Professor of Music History at Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. He is the author of numerous essays on German song, including the article on the eighteenth-century Lied for the second edition of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. His article Deine Zauber binden wieder': Beethoven, Schiller, and the Joyous Reconciliation of Opposites', recently was published in Beethoven Forum, (2002) 9/1, 1-53. Other essays have appeared in The Journal of the American Musicological Society and Music Analysis.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Music
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 table 41 music examples
- Weight690 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames Parsons,Jane K. Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.