All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £66.59Trending at £105.85
- £7.42Trending at £7.76
- £2.99Trending at £3.99
- £17.18Trending at £17.62
- £16.77Trending at £27.08
- £4.74Trending at £4.99
- £19.35Trending at £27.12
About this product
- DescriptionAlphabetical listing of all place-names of England, with historical and etymological commentaries.
- Author BiographyVictor Watts is Master of Grey College and Dean of Colleges, Durham University. He is the Honorary Director of the English Place-Name Society and Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. In addition to many articles and reviews on place-names, he has written Book 17 De herbis et plantis in On the Properties of Things: John Trevisa's Translation of Bartholomaeus Anglicus De Rerum Naturae (1975), and translated Boethius: The Consolation of Philosophy (1969/1999).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight1370 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byVictor Watts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- kfmezza20 Jul, 2017by
The most comprehensive book on place-names
This covers the whole of England and is definitely worth purchasing if you are studying place-names academically or indeed if you have an interest in them.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.