All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinal volume in a definitive new history of the Cold War which will define the field for years to come.
- Author BiographyMelvyn P. Leffler is Edward Stettinius Professor of American History at the Department of History, University of Virginia. His previous publications include To Lead the World: American Strategy after the Bush Doctrine (2008, as co-editor), For the Soul of Mankind: The United States, the Soviet Union, and the Cold War (2007, winner of the AHA George Louis Beer Prize) and A Preponderance of Power: National Security, the Truman Administration and the Cold War (1992, winner of the Bancroft Prize, the Robert Ferrell Prize and the Herbert Hoover Book Award). Odd Arne Westad is Professor of International History at the London School of Economics and Political Science. His previous publications include The Global Cold War: Third World Interventions and the Making of Our Times (2005, winner of the Bancroft Prize, the APSA New Political Science Prize and the Akira Ireye Award), Decisive Encounters: The Chinese Civil War, 1946-1950 (2003) and Brothers in Arms: The Rise and Fall of the Sino-Soviet Alliance, 1945-1963 (1999, as editor).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Cambridge History of the Cold War
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note42 b/w illus. 3 maps 3 tables
- Weight1110 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMelvyn P. Leffler,Odd Arne Westad
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £17.11
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.70Trending at £9.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.