Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.21Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by parrot_books
- Est. delivery by 30 Aug
- £5.89Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by musicmagpie
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA group of pilgrims entertain each other with stories on their way to Canterbury in a poem whose characters, from the Knight to the Wife of Bath, are as vivid as their tales. This new edition of David Wright's acclaimed translation includes a new critical introduction and invaluable notes by a leading Chaucer scholar.
- Author BiographyDavid Wright (1920-94) was a poet, author, and translator. Born in South Africa, he was deafened by scarlet fever at the age of 7 and emigrated to England when he was 14. He co-founded the literary review X which he co-edited from 1959-62, and published several books of verse, a translation of Beowulf, and edited anthologies of verse for Penguin and Faber. Christopher Cannon has taught at UCLA, Oxford, and Cambridge. His publications include The Making of Chaucer's English: A Study of Words (2001;2005). The Grounds of English Literature (2004; 2007), and Middle English Literature: A Cultural History (2008). He has written the Foreword to the Riverside Chaucer.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Chaucer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight385 g
- Width130 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byDavid Wright
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.