All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionData are an organization's sole, non-depletable, non-degrading, durable asset. Engineered right, data's value increases over time because the added dimensions of time, geography, and precision. Data possesses properties worthy of additional investment. This book presents these pillars in an understandable way.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter H. Aiken is an award-winning, internationally recognized thought leader in the area of organizational data architecture and engineering. As a practicing data manager, consultant, author and researcher, he has been actively studying these and related areas for more than twenty-five years. He has held leadership positions with the US Department of Defense and consulted with more than 50 organizations in 14 different counties. His achievements have resulted in recognition as one of 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century and bibliographic entries in Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Who's Who in American Education and other recognitions. He is a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, Founding Director of Data Blueprint, and part-time Visiting Scientist at the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. He was awarded the 2001 DAMA International Achievement Award and the Defense Information Systems Agency Career Recognition. He has published five books, including Building Corporate Portals Using XML with Clive Finkelstein (1999, McGraw-Hill) and the best-seller Data Reverse Engineering (1996, McGraw-Hill). Michael Gorman has been involved in IT for over 45 years. He is the Secretary of the ANSI/INCITS Technical Committee on Database Languages, DM32.2 since 1978, co-authoring all SQL standards. Gorman worked for System Development Corporation which, with MITRE and Lincoln Labs invented data management. For the CIO of the U.S. Army he helped develop their data management program including policies, procedures, and seminars. Gorman brought Database Management Systems into Federal Agencies including the Army, Navy, Air Force, EPA, HUD, Commerce as well as State and local governments. He also provided data management consulting to Fortune 100 companies. As CEO of Whitemarsh (www.wiscorp.com), Gorman provides consulting, methodologies, books, workshops and Whitemarsh Metabase, a metadata management system. He has authored numerous books, publishes regularly on The Data Administration Newsletter (www.tdan.com), and has taught at Universities, at DAMA Chapters, and International Conferences.
- Author(s)Michael M. Gorman,Peter Aiken
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.