Consider these sponsored items
- £10.71Free postage
- £5.20Was:£7.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most influential Gothic novels, The Castle of Otranto established the literary effects associated with the genre: an ancient castle, secret passages, supernatural visitations, an innocent girl threatened with violence, sudden revelations, terror, and excitement. This new edition explores the reasons for the novel's impact.
- Author BiographyNick Groom has published widely for both academic and popular readerships, with particular interest in questions of authenticity and the emergence of national and regional identity. His books include The Gothic (2012) for the Very Short Introductions series, The Union Jack: the Story of the British Flag (Atlantic, 2006), and The Seasons: an Elegy for the Passing of the Year (Atlantic, 2013).
- Author(s)Horace Walpole
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight148 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byNick Groom
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.95Trending at £8.98
- £4.89Trending at £6.81
- £13.80Trending at £16.89
- £12.33Trending at £16.54
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £4.66Trending at £7.98
- £4.59Trending at £8.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.