All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £7.85Trending at £11.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.84
- £9.89Trending at £14.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.95
- £7.85Trending at £8.02
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of poems by Sarat Kumar Mukhopadhyay, translated from the original Bengali with Robert McNamara.
- Author BiographySARAT KUMAR MUKHOPADHYAY published his first collection of poems in 1957. The author of more than a dozen volumes of poetry, as well as several novels, he has also written essays on prominent Western literary figures, among them Ezra Pound, T.S. Eliot, and D.H. Lawrence, and has translated works of English literature into Bengali, including George Orwell's Animal Farm and the poetry of William Carlos Williams. ROBERT MCNAMARA is the author of two collections of poetry, The Body and the Day and Second Messengers. In 1993, under the auspices of a Fulbright grant, he traveled to Kolkata to conduct research at Jadavpur University. He teaches in the Interdisciplinary Writing Program at the University of Washington.
- Author(s)Sarat Kumar Mukhopdahyay
- PublisherEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCheney
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byRobert McNamara
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.