All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the invented Mississippi Delta town of Madagascar, this book depicts a rural South dependent on agribusiness and the fruits of some less attractive forms of capitalism - gambling and other vices. It presents a novel which is filled with music, wisdom, and spontaneous joy.
- Author BiographyCynthia Shearer is the former curator of Rowan Oak, the home of William Faulkner, and holds a doctorate in English from the University of Mississippi. She has been the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship. Her first novel, The Wonder Book of the Air, received the 1996 prize for fiction from the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters.
- Author(s)Cynthia Shearer
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2006
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £5.74Trending at £6.03
- £5.85Trending at £5.97
- £4.75Trending at £5.59
- £4.59Trending at £4.68
- £4.15Trending at £4.69
- £4.30Trending at £6.85
- £4.02Trending at £5.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.