All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chalet School girls are exploring the Welsh island of St Briavel. They are presented with five boats, but Annis Lovell is unable to share the excitement. Feeling unwanted, she sets off alone on an adventure that nearly ends in disaster.
- Author BiographyElinor M. Brent-Dyer was born in South Shields in 1894, where she remained until she took her first job as an unqualified teacher while still a teenager. Her only trip abroad -- to the Austrian Tirol -- led to her writing The School at the Chalet in 1925. Because of its success, Elinor wrote a further 57 books in the series, along with newsletters and annuals, as her fans grew in number. At the same time she continued with her teaching, and ran her own school for ten years before retiring to live with friends until her death in 1969.
- Author(s)Elinor M. Brent-Dyer
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/06/1999
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleChalet School
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.25
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/11/2003
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Edition StatementNew impression
- Interest AgeFrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £67.78Trending at £74.74
- £8.01Trending at £8.21
- £11.99Trending at £14.99
- £6.67Trending at £7.35
- £3.78Trending at £4.23
- £3.50Trending at £5.48
- £4.79Trending at £4.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.