All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen strange blue chalk circles start appearing overnight on the pavements of Paris, the press take up the story with amusement and psychiatrists trot out their theories. Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg, a policeman is alone in thinking that this is not a game and far from amusing.
- Author BiographyFred Vargas was born in Paris in 1957. As well as being a best-selling author in France, she is an historian and archaeologist.
- PrizesWinner of CWA International Dagger 2009.
- Author(s)Fred Vargas
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date08/09/2010
- Weight338 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated bySian Reynolds
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- meret_oppenheim02 Nov, 2016by
The origin of the Adamsberg adventures
This novel is the first in the series of detective stories featuring J-B Adamsberg so it is essential reading for anyone who has got hooked on this fictional character. Whether you like him or his method of detection drives you to distraction you will find in this novel all the fascinating psychologically challenging characters typical of Vargas's subsequent works. The plot involves a slow build up of tension culminating in a series of grisly murders, the motives for which turn out to be all too familiar to those who have already met Vargas's hero in other scenarios. Those readers who have already encountered Camille will be enabled to fill in a few more details of this shadowy figure during the course of the narrative.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £4.99Trending at £8.02
- £4.79Trending at £8.79
- £9.94Trending at £10.71
- £3.59Trending at £6.98
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £4.99Trending at £5.68
- £4.95Trending at £9.03