Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.66
- £14.98Trending at £16.94
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £4.99Trending at £8.80
- £2.50Trending at £4.19
- £2.81Trending at £3.96
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionBuilds on its strong tradition of skills-based public speaking instruction with its six Speech Planning Action Steps, which resourcefully guide students through speech creation, with integration of multimodal public speaking and technology and social media in delivery and in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Author BiographyRudolph F. Verderber is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Communication Emeritus at the University of Cincinnati and former National Speaker's Association Professor of the Year -- as well as one of the all-time best-selling communication studies authors. The strength of his basic texts lies in his ability to explain and exemplify concepts, theories, and skills to introductory level students. His Cengage Learning texts -- COMMUNICATE!, THE CHALLENGE OF EFFECTIVE SPEAKING, COMM, and SPEAK -- have a reputation for being student favorites due to their accessible presentation of theory and skills. Kathleen S. Verderber is Associate Professor of Management Emeritus at Northern Kentucky University. In addition to consulting with various civic, professional, and business organizations, she has published numerous journal articles and has presented papers at many communication and management conferences. She is a co-author of COMMUNICATE!, THE CHALLENGE OF EFFECTIVE SPEAKING, COMM, and SPEAK, all with Cengage, and author of INTER-ACT: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION, CONCEPTS, SKILLS, AND CONTEXTS with Oxford University Press. She holds an MA in speech communication as well as an MBA and a PhD in organizational behavior from the University of Cincinnati. Deanna D. Sellnow, PhD, is Professor of Strategic Communication in the Nicholson School of Communication at the University of Central Florida and conducts faculty development workshops on instructional communication pedagogy. Published in regional, national, and international journals, her research focuses on the rhetoric of popular culture, particularly music as communication, and instructional communication as it occurs in conventional and nonconventional classrooms, as well as in risk and crisis contexts. She is co-author of COMMUNICATE!, COMM, SPEAK, and THE CHALLENGE OF EFFECTIVE SPEAKING, all with Cengage.
- Author(s)Deanna Sellnow,Kathleen Verderber,Rudolph Verderber
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement16th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.