Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.11
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £48.89Trending at £56.05
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Commons refer to domains that fall outside the direct jurisdiction of sovereign states - the high seas, air, space, and most recently the man-made cyberspace - and thus should be usable by anyone. These domains, even if outside the direct responsibility and governance of sovereign entities.
- Author BiographyDr Mika Aaltola is Director of the Center for US Politics and Power at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs and Professor of International Relations at Tallinn University. His previous monographs include Sowing the Seeds of Sacred: Political Religion of American Era (Brill 2008), Western Spectacles of Governance and the Emergence of Humanitarian World Order (Palgrave 2009), and Understading the Politics of Pandemic Scares (Routledge 2012). His current research focuses on understanding the impact of global flows on global order and power. Juha KApylA.. currently works as a research fellow at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs. His previous academic research has focused on the consequences of American pragmatism for the study and practice of International Relations. He has also been an expert in the Multinational Experimentation process (MNE7), with a particular focus on the understanding of the inter-domain nature of the Global Commons in the context of future crisis management. Dr Valtteri Vuorisalo has a wide range of experience from the defense-sector, including multinational military operations, the private sector and academia. His previous research examined the methodology and process of international military crisis management capability development and its implications and benefits in national contexts. Currently, Dr Vuorisalo devotes his energy to developing new defense capabilities in the private sector.
- Author(s)Juha Kapyla,Mika Aaltola,Valtteri Vuorisalo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight456 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.