The Chancellor Guide to the Legal and Shari'a Aspects of Islamic Finance by Chancellor Publications Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £101.75Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £39.55Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by learnearlybooks
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.27Trending at £7.12
- £6.89Trending at £7.01
- £6.30Trending at £6.40
- £30.27Trending at £30.76
- £13.59Trending at £13.81
- £14.62Trending at £14.86
- £34.98Trending at £35.53
About this product
- DescriptionA professional reference book that focuses specifically on the legal dimensions of Islamic Finance. It brings together 19 Islamic Finance legal practitioners and advisors to provide a comprehensive legal perspective on the subject. It is suitable for those with a professional interest in Islamic Finance - be they lawyers, accountants, or bankers.
- Author BiographyDr Humayon Dar is the Chief Executive Office of BMB Islamic UK Ltd, a Shari'a advisory and structuring firm. He is a prominent player in the Shari'a advisory field and has been associated with most of the recent innovative developments in Islamic banking and finance including: structuring Islamic put options, Shari'a-compliant short-selling techniques, and Islamic financial futures contracts. His most recent contribution to the Islamic financial industry is the first-ever Islamic SRI screening methodology. As CEO of BMB Islamic UK Ltd, and a member of its own and other Shari'a Supervisory Boards, Dr Dar is actively involved in enhancing Shari'a authenticity of Islamic financial products. His work was acknowledged by Euromoney in 2006 and 2007, when his team received the 'Best Islamic Advisory and Assurance' award for two consecutive years. Dr Dar holds a B.Sc (Hons) and M.Sc. (both in Islamic Economics) from the International Islamic University Islamad, where he studied with a number of top Islamic jurists and Muslim thinkers. He also has a M.Phil. and Ph.D. (both in Economics) from Cambridge University, where he conducted research on Islamic Finance. His post-doctoral research has focused exclusively on Islamic economics, banking and finance. Dr Dar is consulted widely by corporations, governments and regulatory bodies on matters related to Islamic banking and finance, and is frequently interviewed by print and electronic media including the Financial Times, BBC and CNN. Umar F. Moghul is a lawyer with the US law firm of Murtha Collins LLP. He practices in the areas of Islamic law, finance and investments, private equity, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr Moghul has represented a number of financial institutions, business, joint ventures and high net-worth individuals in a variety of cutting-edge financing transactions structured according to Islamic principles. He has advised on conventional and Islamic private equity transactions (both controlling and non-controlling). In the realm of real estate, Mr Moghul's practice has included the establishment of real estate investment funds and one-off financing transactions, a unique Islamic warehouse financing transaction, and the design and documentation of novel Islamic residential, commercial and construction financing products. Mr Moghul is a lecturer in law at the University of Conneticut School of Law and an adjunct faculty member at the Western New England College School of Law where he teaches Islamic Law. He has published several articles and spoken at numerous forums regarding Islamic law and Islamic finance. Mr Moghul earned his J.D from Temple University and his B.A and M.A from the University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherChancellor Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChancellor Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height300 mm
- Edited byHumayon Dar,Umar Moghul
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.