All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.30Trending at £28.99
- £27.92Trending at £30.58
- £26.50Trending at £28.72
- £13.15Trending at £15.69
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.73
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionChanging Status of Women in India, 1970-2000 covers the state of West Bengal and highlights the nature of the challenges ahead in dealing with issues relating to neglected and deprived women. It also looks back at the successes of the past that can help in confronting these challenges.
- Author BiographyJasodhara Bagchi was an independent scholar, formerly Chairperson of the West Bengal Commission for Women and Director, School of Women's Studies, Jadavpur University; also Professor of English, Jadavpur University; considered to be a pioneering scholar of women's studies. Among her books with Stree: Loved and Unloved: The Girl Child in the Family (1997); with Subhoranjan Dasgupta, The Trauma and the Triumph: Gender and Partition in the Easter Region, 2 vols (2006, 2009); Karmakshetre Jouno Henasthar Mokabilye Ain Byabohaer Nirdeshika (How to handle sexual harassment in the workplace); with SAGE: Changing Status of Women in West Bengal, 1970-2000: The Challenges Ahead, 2005.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2005
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byJasodhara Bagchi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.