All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.97
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionOffers the history of color from the chemical point of view. This book shows us how color pervades every aspect of our lives. It says that our consciousness, our perceptions, our useful appliances and tools, our playthings, our entertainment, our health, and our diagnostic apparatus - all involve color and are based in no small part on chemistry.
- Author BiographyMary Virginia Orna is Professor of Chemistry at the College of New Rochelle, New Rochelle, NY (firstname.lastname@example.org), although her professional history includes service in government, not-for-profit institutions and industry. She received a B.S. in Chemistry from Chestnut Hill College and Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from Fordham University. She has lectured and published widely in the areas of color chemistry and archaeological chemistry and, following a sabbatical leave at the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, she has maintained a research relationship with art historians in the area of pigment content of medieval manuscripts. Among her many professional activities, she has presented plenary lectures and named lectureships on at least a dozen different occasions. She is a tour speaker on the roster of the American Chemical Society and has been an invited lecturer to every part of the United States and many countries in Europe, the Middle East, and the South Pacific. Her many publications have appeared in the Journal of Chemical Education, Color Research and Application, Studies in Conservation, Analytical Chemistry, Microchemical Journal, Journal of Biological Chemistry, American Chemical Society monographs, and various other journals. She has also authored numerous book chapters and encyclopedia articles, three books and co-edited eight others.
- Author(s)Mary Virginia Orna
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/10/2012
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Molecular Science / Springerbriefs in History of Chemistry
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.